Before you can get a bigger, more beautiful smile, your cosmetic dentist must determine why your smile isn’t already as big as it can be. Proportion is the difference between a narrow and broad smile, and if the size of your teeth are off, your cosmetic dentist can rebuild them with customized veneers, one of the best ways to achieve a wider smile.
What Causes a Narrow Smile?
Are you hyperaware of people with large, stunning smiles? Are you self-conscious of your small smile with dark spaces in the corners? If you’re wondering why you aren’t one of the lucky ones who has a symmetrical grin, it’s time to understand the possible causes of a narrow or small smile:
- Excess gum tissue: Your teeth and gums may show in equal measure, or your gums may be of differing lengths. Whatever extra pink you have in your mouth, you don’t have to live with this genetic feature if you don’t love it. Laser gum removal meticulously eliminates extra gum tissue for a better tooth-to-gum ratio and makes room for gorgeous veneers.
- Stacked teeth: When top teeth line up behind each other they create that unwanted narrow look. Pre-molars and canines often fall into this lineup because of crowding or oddly shaped teeth rather than spreading out to fill the edges of your smile.
Build Out Your Smile with Veneers
At least the top eight front teeth should be visible in a big smile makeover and then stretch across the width of your mouth. If your teeth do not naturally cover this distance, porcelain veneers can do the work and stay there permanently.
- Customize: Veneers are carefully customized in length, shape, size, and color so they are perfect and flattering in all characteristics.
- Build: Veneers are added to the outside surface of the teeth and built out until your smile looks natural and there is no hint of a narrow smile or negative space.
- Optimize: If some teeth need to be enhanced more significantly, the thickness of veneers can be optimized to fill in gaps and stretch out a smile horizontally.
- Lengthen: For short teeth, veneers are lengthened to create a bigger smile vertically.
- Align: Porcelain veneers are placed carefully side by side for flawless smile alignment.
Get a Bigger Smile from Your Chandler Cosmetic Dentist
Veneers are personalized to a patient’s unique smile shape and preferences, so you have the gorgeous, big smile you’ve always coveted. Toothy, celebrity grins are not reserved for the stars alone. Veneers are for anyone who wants them and proves to be a good candidate for the treatment. This cosmetic dentistry treatment transforms appearance immediately upon being bonded in place and delivers an incredible boost of confidence.
You can have the memorable, white, beautiful, big smile you’ve always wanted. You can get a smile that makes you stand out in a good way so you no longer feel like you have to hide your teeth when you smile or speak.
The secret to a bigger smile is simply this: Find the right cosmetic dentist who can transform your teeth with porcelain veneers. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Brigham Baker at Impressions Dental in Chandler, AZ, to find out if you’re a good candidate for this type of cosmetic dentistry or other treatments.