When you are missing all your teeth or either the teeth on the top or bottom of your mouth, your entire life is compromised by these circumstances. You don’t have to live without your teeth or try to make ill-fitting dentures work. The team at Impressions Dental in Chandler, AZ, offers full mouth implants that give you a permanent, fully functional smile.
The Full Mouth Dental Implant Procedure
Full mouth implants are surgically placed within the jawbone to replace missing tooth roots and create a strong foundation for a new smile. The full mouth implant procedure takes time, patience, and several visits to your dentist, but the investment is worth it. Your entire smile is restored in both form and function and you are left with natural-looking teeth that make smiling fun again.
Here is how the full mouth dental implant procedure works:
- Consultation: Meet with your Chandler dentist for an exam, digital x-rays, and other scans to determine if you are a good candidate for dental implants.
- Planning: Complete the smile design and virtual planning stages with your dentist to determine how many implants will be used, where they will be placed, and whether any bone grafts are necessary to make the implants possible.
- Cleaning: If you are suffering from gum disease or any other oral infections, these are treated and fully healed before the implants can be put in place.
- Surgery: Four to eight implants are placed in the upper jawbone to replace top teeth, and four to six implants are used when replacing teeth in the lower jaw. These surgeries may be done on the same day or at different times, depending on each patient’s circumstances.
- Healing: Once the implants are in place, a temporary bridge is attached to the abutment – the small piece at the top of the dental implant that sticks out above the gumline. These stay in place until your mouth heals and implants fuse with the jawbone, a step that takes several months to complete.
- Completion: The predetermined restorations – permanent denture, dental bridge, or dental crowns – are attached to the abutment for a complete restoration that is healthy, strong, and natural-looking.
Are Full Mouth Implants Right for You?
“Full mouth dental implants” is the term used when replacing all the teeth on the top of the mouth, all the teeth on the bottom of the mouth, or all the teeth in your mouth. Here are some of the factors that make you a great candidate for dental implants:
- You have dentures. If you’re tired of struggling with unreliable adhesives and impermanent restorations, you may qualify for an upgrade from poor-fitting dentures.
- Your teeth are unstable. You may be missing multiple teeth but some still remain, even though they’re loose or damaged. You want to replace your teeth with something other than dentures.
- You have good bone density. If you have a strong and healthy jawbone, you will not need a bone graft to prep for dental implants, which eliminates the need for an extra step in the dental implant procedure.
- You have excellent oral health. If you have lost your teeth because of an accident or injury, you’re in a unique situation, different than most patients who have lost teeth because of gum disease. When you have a healthy mouth already, you’ll be ready for full mouth implants right away.
Get Full Mouth Implants in Chandler, AZ
Missing teeth impact appearance, ability to bite and chew, and speech. These factors negatively affect people both personally and professionally. Take control of your life and reinvigorate your confidence with full mouth dental implants. They look and feel natural and function flawlessly so you feel good about yourself and your smile. Contact Impressions Dental in Chandler, AZ to schedule a consultation with Dr. Brigham Baker and his team.