Many people consider teen braces a rite of passage for adolescents, that teenagers haven’t fully experienced those awkward years unless accompanied by metal brackets and wires. Except, at Impressions Dental in Chandler, AZ, we offer teen braces that don’t draw attention to themselves and make straightening a young person’s smile easy and discreet. Getting a beautiful, straight smile doesn’t have to be complicated or obvious.
Benefits of Invisalign Teen Braces
The biggest benefit of Invisalign Teen braces, of course, is that this orthodontic alternative is clear and very difficult to see when it’s on your teeth. But there are so many other perks to wearing invisible teen braces:
- Minimal self-consciousness: There is always an adjustment period, no matter what kind of orthodontics a teenager gets, but the one that comes with Invisalign Teen is definitely brief. There may be a slight lisp at the start, and you won’t be convinced that the trays are nearly invisible until you prove it to yourself, but your appreciation for your discreet teen braces will develop quickly.
- No food restrictions: All your friends are complaining about the sticky, chewy, crunchy, and favorite foods they can’t eat with their metal brackets and wires. Invisalign Teen wearers can continue to eat all their favorite foods – the trays are taken out for every meal which doesn’t interfere with food cravings.
- Enjoy your favorite activities: Teens who play a contact sport or a musical instrument or sing in the chorus can continue to do so with Invisalign in place. Just talk to your Chandler Invisalign provider about how to protect your trays from any damage.
The Responsibility of Wearing Teen Braces
Teens are allowed to have plenty of feelings about their braces, and at Impressions Dental we respect where your head is and what your concerns are about your appearance and orthodontic experience. By offering Invisalign Teen braces, we want to blend into your life and make it easier, not make it that much more difficult to manage.
You will be expected to:
- Wear the trays for 20 to 22 hours a day.
- Remove the trays for all meals and snacks and cleanings.
- Brush and floss more often and soak aligners daily.
- See your Invisalign provider every six to eight weeks.
- Follow the rules for a quick, effective treatment.
Easy Braces for Tweens and Teens
Teens feel weird about themselves and everyone around them most of the time. They’re simply trying to fit in and not stand out while also figuring out their unique place in the world. When the opportunity to get clear teen braces is available, most jump at the chance.
At Impressions Dental, we respect the complicated feelings your teen has about their braces and will help them learn to accept this experience in their life by reinforcing facts like the following:
- You’re not alone. Millions of teens get orthodontic treatment but not everyone is lucky enough to wear Invisalign Teen.
- It’s worth it. The benefits of orthodontic treatment are multifold. You will have a great-looking smile at the end of it, but those teeth will also be healthier because they’re easier to clean and keep free of decay.
- The future is bright. You may not appreciate it now, but straight teeth set you up for an adulthood with minimal oral health complications, including TMJ problems, teeth grinding, and cavities.
The reality is that braces are much easier to wear than they once were. They’re smaller, more user-friendly, and – there are clear, nearly invisible options. Teen braces are actually specially designed to straighten teeth faster so they are less of an interference.
Is Your Teenager a Good Candidate for Invisible Teen Braces?
Invisalign Teen is the same as Invisalign, with a few tweaks, including room in the aligners for erupting teeth and wear indicators that show your Invisalign provider the trays are being worn as often as they should be. Teen braces can correct overbites, underbites, open bites, crooked teeth, gapped teeth, and more – the success of treatment all depends on the patient’s dedication to it.