Dental implants change lives by replacing missing teeth permanently. They are the ideal restorative dentistry solution for many people, but the only way to know if you are indeed a dental implant candidate is to schedule a consultation with Dr. Brigham Baker and the team at Impressions Dental in Chandler, AZ.
The Path to Becoming a Dental Implant Candidate
Every smile makeover journey involves several steps to success. The following steps can all take place during the same dental visit and make it clear whether you are a good dental implant candidate.
- Consultation: Talk to your Chandler dentist about what you want for your smile, especially if you’re missing teeth. Make it clear that you want to be a dental implant candidate.
- Examination: Your dentist will conduct a complete assessment of your oral health, including the current state of your teeth and gums. Dental and medical history are reviewed and digital x-rays and 3D scans are taken.
- Decision-making: Once your oral health has been fully evaluated, your cosmetic dentist will make recommendations about the best tooth replacement options for you specifically and whether you are a viable dental implant candidate.
Factors That Make You a Good Dental Implant Candidate
Whether you are missing one tooth, several teeth, or an entire arch of teeth, dental implants could be a viable solution. Your dentist will want to see the following to confirm that your mouth is ready for such a significant restoration:
- Excellent bone density: Your jawbone and sinuses must have adequate space so the dental implants can fit with each. In some cases, gum grafts are necessary to make dental implants possible.
- Healthy gum tissue: No matter what kind of dental restoration you’re getting, it must be built on a strong foundation and that means gums must be healthy and free of infection.
- Good jaw strength: The jawbone holds the dental implants and the implant fuses with the bone. Your jaw must have the strength to handle this process and the presence of the dental implants.
Even if you have been missing teeth for a long time, dental implants are still a possibility. In fact, sometimes people with freshly lost teeth may have to wait for an implant because healing of the area is necessary first
Qualifying for Dental Implants
There are several types of dental implants and you only need to qualify for one to get a new, strong, secure smile. Treatments can include:
- All-On-4: Four dental implants are placed at the area where there is the highest bone volume. Partial dentures or a dental bridge are attached to create a full arch of new teeth.
- Denture implants: Several dental implants are placed strategically in the jawbone and a customized denture is attached for a permanent, adhesive-free implant-supported denture.
- Full-mouth dental implants: Missing teeth are replaced with dental implants on both the top and bottom of the mouth.
Get Dental Implants in Chandler, AZ
No matter what’s happening with your teeth, there is always a way to rebuild your smile. Patience will be needed, but it’s worth it to have a new smile that looks natural, functions flawlessly, and feels good. It’s worth investing in your oral health, and even if it is determined that you are not the best dental implant candidate, there are always other restorative dentistry solutions like dental bridges and dentures that can get the job done and fill in the spaces left by missing teeth.
Whether you have lost a tooth in an accident, sporting match, fall, extraction, or because of gum disease, there is a way to replace it and repair your smile. Schedule a consultation with Impressions Dental in Chandler, AZ, to find out what kind of smile makeover is waiting for you.