If you have one or a few missing teeth, it is important to replace them to ensure your smile, alignment, and oral health are fully intact. Many patients opt for a dental bridge because it is a conservative, reliable, affordable solution. At Impressions Dental, we offer this customized dental restoration for missing teeth to complete your smile.
How a Dental Bridge Works
Missing teeth can be caused by a blow to the mouth, an accident, gum disease, or a tooth infection. The cause matters so your mouth can be treated properly and given time to heal before a dental bridge is completed. Your Chandler dentist will make sure of this before any repairs begin.
Once it has been determined that you are a good candidate for a dental bridge, the procedure will go something like this:
- Preparation: Most dental bridges are held in place on either side by customized porcelain crowns. The healthy teeth that neighbor the gap in your smile must be prepped so the natural-looking crowns fit seamlessly in place and anchor the bridge properly.
- Impressions: Impressions of the teeth are taken so your Chandler dentist can get a clear image of your teeth and have a blueprint to send off to the dental lab technicians who will create the bridge.
- Temporaries: It will take a few weeks for the final bridge to be created so temporary crowns will be fixed in place after the prep and while you wait to protect your teeth.
- Restoration: The permanent dental bridge is cemented into place and so are the dental crowns. The high-quality materials used to create this repair look natural, deliver long-lasting results that blend in with the rest of your smile, and function just like regular teeth.
The Importance of Replacing Missing Teeth
You may think that a missing molar in the back of your mouth will go unnoticed and not interrupt your smile, but dental restorations aren’t just about making you look better – they’re about keeping your smile healthy. It is incredibly important to replace missing teeth because you’re not only missing the crown of the tooth, but its root system as well. This means:
- The jawbone in the area where the missing tooth is will eventually weaken
- Missing teeth make it more likely that neighboring teeth will fall out
- Nearby healthy teeth will shift out of place to cover the hole and cause tissue damage
- Shifting teeth can also lead to a poorly aligned bite
One missing tooth means a mouthful of instability. Ultimately, a domino effect will begin to occur, and you will notice that that one missing tooth was the start of a host of oral health problems.
Cost Factors for Dental Bridges
The cost factors for dental bridges from your Chandler dentist will vary based on several factors:
- Number of teeth being replaced
- Location of the restoration
- Materials being used
A wide range of financing options are available to manage the cost of dental bridges. Some patients will use dental insurance for their restoration, others will need additional financial support like CareCredit. Many payment plans do not accrue interest, do not have pre-payment penalties, and can be qualified for even for those who do not have great credit.
At Impressions Dental, we work with each of our patients to make the dental care you need affordable for you. It is so important to take care of your oral health – cost factors should not impede your ability to get the dental care you need.
Get a Dental Bridge in Chandler
Contact Impressions Dental to schedule a consultation with Dr. Brigham Baker and his team to learn more about dental bridges. Find out if you’re a good candidate for this dental restoration and get on the path to completing your smile.
If you have a gap between your front teeth, you might be a candidate for dental bonding. This minimally invasive technique can close the gap between your teeth and improve your smile. Since the bonding material is matched to your existing teeth, it will not stand out. Learn more about the process and find out…
In the past, when people were looking to make teeth look as cosmetically perfect as possible, they would turn their attention to dental procedures such as dental veneers, teeth whitening, or crowns. All such procedures are quite good but costly in time, as well as in dollars, usually taking a few office visits to complete.There…
What is dental bonding?This is a procedure that relies on bonding techniques to fill a tooth that has decayed. Dental bonding can also improve the appearance of teeth. It requires the application of a liquid composite resin for restorative purposes or to enhance aesthetics.The procedures commences with the dentist’s preparation of the tooth. Anesthesia is…
Dental bonding involves applying a tooth-colored resin to the tooth, repairing a broken, cracked or damaged tooth. Dental bonding is a common procedure that we perform on a regular basis for our patients.Dental BondingAt Impressions Dental in Chandler, we work to customize your treatment to match your needs and schedule where possible. Our professional staff…