When adults decide to get braces, they want this endeavor to be private, which is why they’re drawn to nearly invisible solutions like clear trays. At Impressions Dental in Chandler, AZ, we offer both Invisalign and our own in-house alignment method called ImpressAlign. Patients who qualify for adult braces can get the straight, healthy smiles they’ve always wanted with these discreet options.
Adult Braces from Chandler Invisalign Provider
Invisalign is the most well-known clear aligner therapy. This form of adult braces is popular among adults because it can correct misalignment, gaps, and crowding without anyone knowing about it. Invisalign trays are nearly invisible, thin, comfortable, and super-snug so they fit close to the teeth and blend right in with your smile.
There are three levels of Invisalign for adults. Where your teeth are and how much they need to be adjusted will determine which type of Invisalign is right for you.
- Invisalign Full: Complete Invisalign treatment, aligns both top and bottom teeth and takes a year to 18 months to complete using about 30 trays.
- Invisalign Lite: Consists of about 14 trays and works like Invisalign Full but lasts for only six or seven months, focuses on correcting only minor orthodontic issues like moderate overcrowding and spaces.
- Invisalign Express: Treats minor spaces caused by a mild relapse from previous orthodontic treatment, includes wearing five to 10 sets of aligners and lasts about three to six months.
Impressalign Adult Braces
ImpressAlign is very similar to Invisalign in form and function and uses clear, removable, customized aligners. It is available in three levels of treatment, depending on the condition of your teeth and the extent of the alignment you need done:
- Level 1 clear aligners: Includes up to 10 trays and retainers, ideal for small gaps and correcting orthodontic treatment that has reversed.
- Level 2 clear aligners: Includes up to 20 trays and retainers, great for correcting minor to moderate bite problems and basic misalignment.
- Level 3 clear aligners: Includes 20+ trays and retainers, appropriate for overbites, underbites, open bites, crossbites, and other misalignment issues.
Every ImpressAlign treatment includes an initial consultation, examination, x-rays, and the appropriate number of trays and retainers for your treatment level. Both Invisalign and ImpressAlign work similarly in that trays are worn for 6 to 18 months, 20 to 22 hours per day, changed out every two weeks, and must be removed for meals and cleanings.
Benefits of Clear Adult Braces from Impressions Dental
The evolution of braces technology has made clear aligner therapies a reality for millions of adults who want straight smiles. No one is ever too old for braces – and you don’t have to become a metal mouth to get the orthodontic treatment you need. Here are just some of the benefits of adult braces:
- Healthier teeth: Straight teeth are easier to clean and take care of. There won’t be food getting stuck in nooks and crannies and hanging around to cause cavities. Correcting misalignment can also minimize or eliminate gum recession and worn enamel.
- Less pain: Does your jaw pop or get stuck? Do you wake with headaches? You may be a teeth grinder and clencher, which could be the result of misalignment. Addressing this problem can give you back some peaceful nights of sleep.
- Invisible treatment: No brackets, wires, rubber bands, or metal mouth? That sounds good to most adults who have busy lives, jobs, and obligations and don’t want adult braces to interrupt.
- Freedom: There are no food restrictions for wearers of clear trays. Eat whatever you want, whenever you want, as long as you remove your trays first.