White teeth are always in style. The whiter your teeth, the healthier, happier, and better you look. At Impressions Dental, we offer in-office teeth-whitening as well as customized take-home whitening trays – both easy and affordable ways to transform your appearance and achieve a powerful smile makeover.
What You Need to Know About Teeth Whitening
Teeth whitening remains one of the most popular cosmetic dentistry treatments thanks to its immediate and impactful results. Here are a few things to know before you pursue this procedure:
- You do not need perfect teeth to qualify. Even if you have crooked, gapped, or otherwise flawed teeth, a professional teeth-whitening treatment can work for you and create the illusion of perfection. Your teeth do, however, need to be healthy. You will undergo a thorough dental exam first to ensure that every tooth is free of decay and other oral health problems.
- You may not be able to have your teeth whitened. While many people are good candidates for professional teeth-whitening, if you have naturally dull tooth enamel or thin tooth enamel that allows the yellowish dentin to show through, whitening will not help. You can still achieve a white smile though – talk to your Chandler dentist about other cosmetic dentistry procedures like veneers.
- There are different kinds of tooth stains. The most common causes of tooth stains are coffee, cigarettes, medication, and poor oral hygiene. Any stains that are close to the surface can usually be eradicated by teeth whitening. Professional teeth whitening operates on a process of oxidization that penetrates the molecules inside your teeth and causes them to reflect less light and, as a result, look brilliantly white.
Professional Teeth Whitening vs. DIY Whitening
There are many over-the-counter teeth-whitening products available. But there are big differences between professional whitening and DIY whitening.
- Ingredients: Carbamide peroxide and hydrogen peroxide are professional-grade bleaching components that make all the difference in your whitening results. Products you buy in the oral health care aisle cannot compare when it comes to the power of your dentist’s tools.
- Accuracy: When you have a whitening treatment, each tooth will get equal attention, so they all blend seamlessly. DIY options leave too much room for user error.
- Effectiveness: Anyone who has tried over-the-counter whitening strips or toothpastes know that the results of these efforts can be spotty at best.
- Longevity: Over-the-counter whitening products only remove surface stains while your Chandler dentist’s whitening formula penetrates below the surface of the enamel to remove deep stains. You may shine and brighten your teeth to your satisfaction with DIY products, but the effects will be temporary, which could lead to overuse – and irritation and oral health problems as a result.
Should You Choose In-Office Whitening or Customized Trays to Use at Home?
You can schedule an in-office visit for professional teeth whitening and walk away with a whiter smile in about an hour – in time for your interview, big meeting, date, or social event. Or, you can opt to have trays customized to your mouth and whiten your smile gradually over a few weeks in the comfort of your own home using professional-grade bleaching products. Both whitening options deliver white teeth that are multiple shades brighter.
No matter which option you choose, your Chandler dentist will be sensitive to your oral health needs and design the whitening treatments to be kind to your mouth. The whitening solution will be reserved for the tooth enamel alone and its exposure to the gums will be limited so you do not experience any discomfort or sensitivity. This is not a slapdash procedure – professional teeth-whitening involves great attention to detail, and amazing results.
Get Professional Teeth-Whitening from Your Chandler Dentist
Teeth-whitening is an affordable, accessible, fast, and easy smile makeover that will transform your appearance. Find out if you’re a good candidate for this cosmetic dentistry procedure. Schedule your appointment at Impressions Dental in Chandler, AZ.
If you have a gap between your front teeth, you might be a candidate for dental bonding. This minimally invasive technique can close the gap between your teeth and improve your smile. Since the bonding material is matched to your existing teeth, it will not stand out. Learn more about the process and find out…
In the past, when people were looking to make teeth look as cosmetically perfect as possible, they would turn their attention to dental procedures such as dental veneers, teeth whitening, or crowns. All such procedures are quite good but costly in time, as well as in dollars, usually taking a few office visits to complete.There…
What is dental bonding?This is a procedure that relies on bonding techniques to fill a tooth that has decayed. Dental bonding can also improve the appearance of teeth. It requires the application of a liquid composite resin for restorative purposes or to enhance aesthetics.The procedures commences with the dentist’s preparation of the tooth. Anesthesia is…
Dental bonding involves applying a tooth-colored resin to the tooth, repairing a broken, cracked or damaged tooth. Dental bonding is a common procedure that we perform on a regular basis for our patients.Dental BondingAt Impressions Dental in Chandler, we work to customize your treatment to match your needs and schedule where possible. Our professional staff…