CEREC Same-Day Crowns
When you have a damaged tooth, you want the problem to be repaired as quickly as possible. At Impressions Dental in Chandler, AZ, we use the advanced CEREC system, a sophisticated in-house technology that makes it possible for our team to create and place same-day dental crowns.
Understanding the CEREC System
Dental offices typically use off-site dental labs to create a variety of personalized dental repairs, which means some customized restorations can take a week or longer to be ready. But sometimes you need a dental crown right away and don’t have time to wait to fix your tooth. With the CEREC technology, our office ensures that you get your smile back quickly.
- What is CEREC? The CEREC system is known as a CAD-CAM system – computer assisted design and computer assisted milling.
- How CEREC works: In the simplest definition, CEREC uses a milling device and computer design to create custom dental restorations on-site while you wait.
- One appointment only: Anyone who has concerns about fitting in a second or third dental appointment to complete their restoration can save time and effort by visiting a dental practice that offers top-quality, customized crowns in a day.
- Impeccable customization and fit: Besides delivering incredible convenience, CEREC same-day crowns allow your dentist to provide incredible accuracy in fit and appearance of your crown since it is customized on the spot.
- Natural look: CEREC same-day crowns are a less-invasive restoration that look just like your natural tooth in shape, size, and color.
Problems CEREC Same-Day Crowns Can Fix
A broken tooth the day before an important presentation, root canal therapy right before you go on vacation, a damaged tooth the week before your wedding – some dental restorations require quick work. Knowing that you can rely on your dentist for CEREC same-day crowns is a relief.
Dental crowns in general are a versatile treatment that offer both restorative and cosmetic benefits. If you experience any of the following problems, a crown made with the CEREC system will protect, beautify, and strengthen your tooth:
- Fractured tooth: If a tooth is chipped, cracked, or broken, it is wide open to bacteria and food particles, as well as further deterioration.
- Tooth infection: A deep infection in the tooth often calls for root canal therapy which often requires the removal of some tooth enamel.
- Decayed tooth: Some cavities are so large that the tooth can’t handle a tooth-colored filling and need a more robust repair.
- Stained tooth: A tooth is so discolored that professional teeth whitening can’t make a dent in changing its appearance.
- Weak tooth: Some teeth are prone to breaking and are weak in both strength and function.
- Unsightly tooth: Misshapen teeth or those that are unsightly in any way interrupt the flow of your smile and stand out in an unpleasant way.
Cost Factors for CEREC Same-Day Crowns
The cost of any dental restoration is specific to the patient and their unique oral health needs. Cost factors for CEREC same-day crowns include:
- Location of the tooth
- Size of tooth
- Material used to make the crown
- Experience of the dentist
- Location of the dental office
Get a CEREC Crown-in-a-Day from Your Chandler Dentist
Your dentist will review your problem tooth from all angles before determining whether you a good candidate for this kind of restoration. A digital impression of the tooth in question is taken using a wand-like scanner and the image is transmitted to the milling unit for creation. CEREC helps patients avoid impressions and discomfort and save time.
If you have a gap between your front teeth, you might be a candidate for dental bonding. This minimally invasive technique can close the gap between your teeth and improve your smile. Since the bonding material is matched to your existing teeth, it will not stand out. Learn more about the process and find out…
In the past, when people were looking to make teeth look as cosmetically perfect as possible, they would turn their attention to dental procedures such as dental veneers, teeth whitening, or crowns. All such procedures are quite good but costly in time, as well as in dollars, usually taking a few office visits to complete.There…
What is dental bonding?This is a procedure that relies on bonding techniques to fill a tooth that has decayed. Dental bonding can also improve the appearance of teeth. It requires the application of a liquid composite resin for restorative purposes or to enhance aesthetics.The procedures commences with the dentist’s preparation of the tooth. Anesthesia is…
Dental bonding involves applying a tooth-colored resin to the tooth, repairing a broken, cracked or damaged tooth. Dental bonding is a common procedure that we perform on a regular basis for our patients.Dental BondingAt Impressions Dental in Chandler, we work to customize your treatment to match your needs and schedule where possible. Our professional staff…