The thought of wearing dentures makes many people with missing teeth cringe. They don’t want to deal with adhesives or an unreliable restoration. However, combine modern dentures with dental implants and you get a solution that is secure, natural-looking, and delivers all the benefits of dentures without any of the drawbacks. At Impressions Dental in Chandler, AZ, we are proud to offer implant-supported dentures as an innovative dental restoration for qualified patients.
How Implant-Supported Dentures Work
If you are missing an entire arch of teeth or several teeth in one area of your mouth, an implant-supported denture could be a viable solution. Here is what you need to know:
- They are permanent. Traditional dentures are designed to be removed nightly. Implant dentures are snapped into place and stay there.
- No adhesive needed. Because implant dentures are permanent and secured in place by the implants themselves, they do not require messy adhesive or a suction effect to stay attached.
- They are secure. Once implant-supported dentures are in place, they are part of your smile and look and feel like natural teeth. You can bite, chew, and speak with confidence because the restoration is completely secure.
- They are comfortable. Implant-supported dentures are anchored in the jawbone, and do not cover the palate like traditional full dentures, which means comfort and no interference with normal taste and sensation.
Are You a Good Candidate for Implant Dentures?
Implant-supported dentures are a user-friendly dental restoration and slightly less invasive than traditional dental implants. They require the patient to be under sedation throughout the procedure for comfort and efficiency, and you will need to be patient with healing time as the implants bond in place. Here are some things to consider if you are interested in implant-supported dentures:
- You already wear dentures. Even if you have had dentures for years – especially if you have struggled with them – it is very likely you can upgrade to implant-supported dentures.
- You have multiple missing teeth. When you are missing multiple teeth in one area of your mouth, or an entire arch of missing teeth, dental implants of any configuration are an ideal way to build a new, stable smile.
- You have good oral health. One of the first things your dentist will check is to make sure there is no gum disease that needs to be treated. The gums must be healthy before any implants can be placed.
- You have excellent bone density. It is important to have sufficient bone density to support dental implants. X-rays and other images will be taken to take these measurements and make this determination. The implants are shorter than traditional implants which allows more people to be viable candidates.
Cost Factors of Implant Dentures
There are multiple ways to replace missing teeth and they all have different price points. It is important to talk to your dentist about your smile goals and budget so, together, you can determine whether implant-supported dentures are the right choice financially and as the most sensible dental restoration for your oral health.
The cost factors for this type of dentures will vary depending on a variety of details, including:
- How many implants are used
- Where the implants are placed
- If bone grafts are necessary
- Type of material used
- The dentist’s experience
- Location of the dental practice
Get Implant Dentures in Chandler, AZ
Durable, dependable, comfortable, and natural-looking, dentures have given so many people their freedom and confidence back. When your teeth are securely in place with no chance of moving or shifting, you will feel good about yourself. Speaking, eating, even engaging in high-impact activities are not a threat to the solidity of your smile – your teeth will be secure no matter what, eliminating unnecessary embarrassment or irritation.
Schedule a consultation with Impressions Dental in Chandler, AZ, to discuss your circumstances and find out if you are a good candidate for this type of support dentures.
Dental Bonding To Minimize Gap In Front Teeth
If you have a gap between your front teeth, you might be a candidate for dental bonding. This minimally invasive technique can close the gap between your teeth and improve your smile. Since the bonding material is matched to your existing teeth, it will not stand out. Learn more about the process and find out…
Why Choose Composite Bonding?
In the past, when people were looking to make teeth look as cosmetically perfect as possible, they would turn their attention to dental procedures such as dental veneers, teeth whitening, or crowns. All such procedures are quite good but costly in time, as well as in dollars, usually taking a few office visits to complete.There…
Dental Bonding FAQ ‘s
What is dental bonding?This is a procedure that relies on bonding techniques to fill a tooth that has decayed. Dental bonding can also improve the appearance of teeth. It requires the application of a liquid composite resin for restorative purposes or to enhance aesthetics.The procedures commences with the dentist’s preparation of the tooth. Anesthesia is…
Dental Bonding Is Simple But Effective
Dental bonding involves applying a tooth-colored resin to the tooth, repairing a broken, cracked or damaged tooth. Dental bonding is a common procedure that we perform on a regular basis for our patients.Dental BondingAt Impressions Dental in Chandler, we work to customize your treatment to match your needs and schedule where possible. Our professional staff…