Keep a Healthy Mouth with Teeth Cleanings in Chandler, AZ
Teeth cleanings are the backbone of good oral health. Keeping up with your dental appointments every six months at Impressions Dental in Chandler, AZ, ensures that your teeth and gums are clean, healthy, strong, and free from infection or problems.
What Happens at a Teeth Cleaning?
Every teeth cleaning proceeds in relatively the same way, so it’s very rare that you need to brace yourself for any surprises unless something is wrong with one of your teeth or your gums. Here is what to expect at every teeth cleaning:
- Thorough cleaning: Your dental hygienist has the professional tools to scrape away the plaque and tartar that your toothbrush and dental floss simply aren’t powerful enough to beat. Your hygienist also has a view into your mouth that you do not, which allows him or her to get to those hard-to-reach nooks and crannies and free them of unwanted build-up. Following the cleaning, your teeth will be flossed and polished to a high shine.
- Dental exam: Your Chandler general dentist’s examination of your mouth is the second part of every teeth cleaning. He will look for any signs of gum recession, gum disease, cracks, chips, decay, or other problems that could be lurking in plain sight but evade your untrained eye. Finding issues like these early allows for quick and easy fixes before problems become painful and more difficult to treat.
- Oral cancer screening: The oral cancer screening is an essential but brief part of every dental exam. This health problem can be serious and difficult to treat because it isn’t always caught early enough. Your dentist will review all the tissues in your mouth – tongue, lips, palate, cheeks, throat, and neck – to see if there are any early signs of this cancer.
- X-rays: Depending on your insurance plan, you may or may not have x-rays once a year. This timeline is recommended either way, so your dentist can see if there are complications lurking under the crown of your teeth and within the roots of the teeth that need to be addressed. X-rays also make it possible to deal with small problems before they become big, painful problems.
- Sealants: The youngest dental patients qualify for dental sealants, a quick procedure that covers their newly erupted adult molars on the chewing surface. These are easily brushed on a child’s teeth after a thorough cleaning and help protect the teeth from the development of cavities.
- Consultation: Have you always thought about getting Invisalign or porcelain veneers? Do you think you could use a professional teeth whitening? Maybe you want to fix an unsightly tooth or wonder if it’s finally time to turn those dentures into dental implants. Every teeth cleaning appointment allows an opportunity to chat with your dentist and hygienist about all your oral health questions, whether you need advice on getting a better toothbrush or want to finally invest in a smile makeover with customized cosmetic dentistry.
Get a Thorough Teeth Cleaning from Your Chandler Dentist
Teeth cleanings are a basic service and your dentist is prepared to help make this affordable for everyone, even if you don’t have insurance. Location of your dental office, the dentist’s experience, and additional perks will affect the first-time new-patient price for a teeth cleaning. Contact Impressions Dental to find out what your out-of-pocket costs will be for your first visit and subsequent visits, whether you have insurance or not.
It is our goal to help everyone achieve healthy, strong, beautiful smiles that are pain-free and make you proud to show off your teeth to everyone you meet. Schedule a teeth cleaning with us today. We look forward to welcoming you to our dental family, Impressions Dental in Chandler, Arizona.
If you have a gap between your front teeth, you might be a candidate for dental bonding. This minimally invasive technique can close the gap between your teeth and improve your smile. Since the bonding material is matched to your existing teeth, it will not stand out. Learn more about the process and find out…
In the past, when people were looking to make teeth look as cosmetically perfect as possible, they would turn their attention to dental procedures such as dental veneers, teeth whitening, or crowns. All such procedures are quite good but costly in time, as well as in dollars, usually taking a few office visits to complete.There…
What is dental bonding?This is a procedure that relies on bonding techniques to fill a tooth that has decayed. Dental bonding can also improve the appearance of teeth. It requires the application of a liquid composite resin for restorative purposes or to enhance aesthetics.The procedures commences with the dentist’s preparation of the tooth. Anesthesia is…
Dental bonding involves applying a tooth-colored resin to the tooth, repairing a broken, cracked or damaged tooth. Dental bonding is a common procedure that we perform on a regular basis for our patients.Dental BondingAt Impressions Dental in Chandler, we work to customize your treatment to match your needs and schedule where possible. Our professional staff…