Many people love the idea of wearing Invisalign to get straight teeth, but your Chandler Invisalign provider must first determine if you are a good Invisalign candidate. This orthodontic alternative is life-altering, discreet, and produces straight smiles for qualified adults and teens. Let the dental team at Impressions Dental tell you if Invisalign is right for you.
Alignment Problems That Could Make You an Invisalign Candidate
Nearly every alignment problem that conventional metal braces can fix can also be corrected by Invisalign. The complexity of a person’s case will make all the difference but, in most circumstances, the clear aligners can address:
- Crowded teeth
- Crooked teeth
- Gapped teeth
- Open bite
After your initial orthodontic exam – which includes 3D imaging, digital x-rays, and your orthodontist’s evaluation – the positions of your teeth will be clear. It will also be clear to your Chandler dentist whether you’re a good Invisalign candidate. You must also have good oral health and a mouth free of decay or infection.
Reasons Patients Want to Be an Invisalign Candidate
Everyone wants straight teeth for their own reasons – usually because they want a more attractive smile or they’re tired of food getting stuck in their teeth, regular tooth decay, or discomfort. Some of the reasons people want to be an Invisalign candidate specifically include the following:
- Speed: Compared to metal braces, Invisalign can take about half the time to straight smiles – about one year. If you have minor misalignment, treatment time can be even shorter. Invisalign moves teeth and roots simultaneously, a few teeth at a time, which speeds up the process.
- Freedom: All those food restrictions braces-wearers have? Invisalign candidates do not have them. In fact, you can eat whatever you want, whenever you want, if you remove the aligners first and brush before putting them back in place.
- Discretion: Don’t want your peers to know you’re getting orthodontic treatment? Invisalign trays are clear, thin, and fit snugly against your teeth so no one will ever notice you’re wearing them.
- Comfort: There are no brackets and wires poking at the soft tissues of your mouth with Invisalign. The aligners are smooth and lips easily move around them for total comfort.
- Flexibility: While the trays should be worn 20 to 22 hours a day and only removed for meals, if you really need to take Invisalign out for a small amount of time, you have the flexibility to do so.
- Easy upkeep: Brushing and flossing teeth is a challenge with regular braces but maintaining oral hygiene with Invisalign is easy because you simply remove the trays to get the job done. (Don’t forget to clean the trays too to keep them clear and odor-free.)
Different Types of Invisalign
There is only one Invisalign, but there are different types of Invisalign candidates and some people need only a small amount of care while others need full treatment. Here are the most common categories:
- Invisalign Full: Aligns top and bottom teeth completely at the same time. Usually takes about one year.
- Invisalign Lite: Corrects minor spaces, overcrowding, or a few crooked teeth. Usually takes about six months.
- Invisalign Express: Ideal for past orthodontic patients who had a relapse. Usually takes three to six months.
- Invisalign Teen: Designed for adolescents and include compliance indicators and eruption tabs.
Find Out If You’re an Invisalign Candidate in Chandler
Want to learn more about Invisalign and find out if you’re an Invisalign candidate? Schedule a consultation with Dr. Brigham Baker and his dental team at Impressions Dental in Chandler, AZ. We will discuss your current oral health, smile goals, lifestyle, and whether Invisalign is right for you in all ways. Contact us to make an appointment.